Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard Writing

#2. Write a letter to myself to open when I’m 30.

Right now it's snowing/blizzarding, as we're in the middle of winter storm Juno. BU ended classes early last night, cancelled classes for today, and Boston has basically shut down. The normally buzzing street outside of my apartment is essentially deserted, with the number of snowplows and other snow removal vehicles I've seen far outweighing any other vehicle. Every now and then the T runs, but it must just be clearing snow from the tracks: all of the cars are empty, and the MBTA said it was suspending service today anyway. From my window it looks like we've already gotten about two feet of snow, with drifting because of the winds, and it's still snowing. In any case, that gives me a great excuse to complete something else on my list (and take a break from Netflix)! 


I think when I put this idea on my list, it was a better idea in my head. I keep a journal anyway, so I'm not sure how effective this letter will be (and by the time I had signed it off, I was already thinking of other things I wish I'd written!). But, as long as I can keep track of it for the next five years, it might be fun to see what I was thinking today.







2 done. 28 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment