Saturday, May 2, 2015

Visiting the 50 states, part 2

This is part 2 of my goal to visit all 50 states. See part 1 here!

When my parents and I were discussing what to do with the day they were going to be in Boston after my recital, I told them that I really wanted to visit Maine and New Hampshire, since they're so close and once I move out of New England, they won't be as accessible. My mom loved that idea, and so we started making plans. When I mentioned it to my brother, he got time off of work to fly out to Boston for my recital and for the trip. And Tim was here too! So, on Friday morning, we all met at my apartment first for bagels and cream cheese. Then, we piled into the rental car and got going! The three "kids" slept almost the entire ride to Maine...oops!

#3b: Maine
We started out in Portland, ME, where we almost locked the keys and something else in the car.


We walked around Old Port and finally found ourselves starving, so we looked up "lobster" on Yelp and found a place close by that came highly recommended.


My mom's lunch
I ordered a lobster roll, which I felt like a needed to get since I was in Maine! It was really tasty. 


Both Max and I had a fun time playing with the lobster that my mom ordered...

The restaurant was on the water, and it was a great place to experience Maine lobster! 




Next, we went to Cape Elizabeth to check out the lighthouses. We got a little lost, but ended up right next to the water and explored for a while. 




There was a line of quartz running through the rock!
Then we finally found a lighthouse at Fort Williams, which was a military base in the first half of the 20th century.


Thus concluded our time in Maine!


#3c: New Hampshire
After we went to Maine, we had to go through New Hampshire to get back to Boston. We stopped in Portsmouth for a pizza to share and some drinks.

Restaurant! 
Night street view in Portsmouth




















3/18 done with #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment